Wednesday, January 5, 2022

THE BITCH FINALLY PAYS

 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ghislaine-maxwell-trial-verdict-when-is-11640105836

I met Ghislaine Maxwell sometime in the early1980s, not long after her father supposedly fell off his boat in the night and drowned. I met her through a childhood friend who had moved to New York to escape her parents bitterly public, expensive divorce. My friend was Ghislaine's roommate in the one bedroom apartment that the media keeps mentioning. It was in the roundish building near Columbus Circle and 7th Ave. Ghislaine had the real bedroom; my friend's bedroom was actually a large closet off the living room with a pair of sliding glass doors to let in light. I visited my friend only once there when she first moved in and met Ghislaine then. She was a cold, standoffish bitch, not interested in even getting a coffee or a drink with her roommate and her roommates best friend. I guess she had her mind on snagging herself a millionaire to revamp the life style her father's financial dishonesty and death, perhaps suicide, had left devastated. 

At hearing about her father's death, I remarked to my friend, "Well, he came into this world barefoot and he left this world barefoot." My friend snapped that, "only I would say such a thing." But I was more correct than I knew. The man had committed all kinds of financial crimes before his death and was basically a pauper, just as he was to begin with. Well, I didn't like Ghislaine then and I sure like her less now. 

But I didn't think her trial would turn out the way it did. I thought she would squeal on the powerful men who I'm fairly sure had sex with those girls. She didn't. So I thought, they are helping her behind the scenes to get off easy, get a slap on the wrist or even time served and probation, then when out, they would make all kinds of contributions to her lifestyle under the table. 

But the white men threw her to the wolves. Now, facing up to 40 years in prison with appeal being a long-shot, I'm wondering what she will do. Maybe she didn't squeal because she didn't want to be found dead in her cell, who knows. 

I'm sure many an agent and publisher is chasing her for a tell-all book. I hope she writes it. Once, again a woman pays for the crime of men. How unsurprising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT TIME WOMAN!

I was extremely critical of this extremely privileged Arab woman, a human rights lawyer, for not speaking out against the genocide in Palest...