Thursday, December 2, 2021

SO, I FINISHED MY MANUSCRIPT



So, I finished my manuscript. My story, my history, my fantasy. I read it over and over and over. I polished it so many times with my eyes, my eyes wore out. And yet again, I read it over and over and over and every time, found typos I corrected. 

Ask a friend to proofread it, they say. I have asked several to be beta readers, feeling bad to ask them to put in hours to edit or proof read. Most have jobs and families to take care of. First peeve with friends: I don't give my manuscript to anyone to read who doesn't ask. When I tell friends I finished my manuscript, they say, "I would love to read it." So, I give it to them. A couple have bothered to read and give broad feedback. I'm keeping their comments in a corner of my mind and wait for consensus (the only way you know something is really an issue) but others, nothing. Makes you feel stupid and unimportant to them, and they are supposed to be your friends. 

So, this is where it stands now. No money for an editor or a proof reader, and bum friends. On agents, the next post. 

😀

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT TIME WOMAN!

I was extremely critical of this extremely privileged Arab woman, a human rights lawyer, for not speaking out against the genocide in Palest...