Sunday, December 5, 2021

FINALLY SOMEBODY NOTICED

I have often driven from NYC through upstate to either Cornell University or to Canada and have found that there are two New Yorks. The downstate NY which consists of one of the most vibrant and expensive cities in the world and its suburbs which by now extend well above a three hour ride, and the upstate NY of endless land, no industry, dilapidated houses and basic poverty. A simply depressed and depressing swath of the country. Downstate is Democrat even liberal, upstate is Republican. I often wondered why NY governors don't encourage more industry, don't try to integrate Upstate more into the rest of NY. Well, finally someone noticed. The Crypto business has moved in and pretty soon, if it's allowed to continue, the areas where it puts down roots will flourish. I say this with caution. I have crypto, so I want it to continue, but the costs are huge and the potential for shady dealings even huger. Still, I wonder whether governments, which every year earn less and less of their people's respect and confident all across the world can stop it. The vaccine effort has shown us that people across the world who resist it, and it's people of any color, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation, simply don't trust their own governments. That is why I believe Crypto, legal or not, will continue. So, land Upstate, anyone? 

I wish I had the money. 




 https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/05/nyregion/bitcoin-mining-upstate-new-york.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage&section=New%20York

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT TIME WOMAN!

I was extremely critical of this extremely privileged Arab woman, a human rights lawyer, for not speaking out against the genocide in Palest...